ANE updates, AIR SDK Manager
This year has been remarkably busy and unfortunately news updates were pushed down the list, but as the year comes to a close I'd like to update on what we see as the major native extension news over the past months.
Major changes across all our extensions include:
- iOS/macOS Xcode 14 update that required removal of bitcode support and increasing the minimum sdk to 12;
- Android permissions overhaul for new Android 33+ requirements;
- Android compatibility when running AIR in a background thread;
- Apple Silicon support for our macOS extensions;
We have several major projects in the works including:
- Scanner rewrite away from the deprecated library currently in use;
- Migration to gradle dependencies in all our dependency extensions;
- apm integration with IDEs;
Some of the key recent changes are listed below.
Looking forward to another year of amazing AIR development!