It's helpful if you setup some initial values in the console to get started.
- In the Firebase console, open your project.
- Select Remote Config from the menu to view the Remote Config dashboard.
- On first visit you should see the following screen:
- Click "Add your first parameter"
- Define parameters with the same names as the parameters that you defined in your app. For each parameter, you can set a default value (which will eventually override the corresponding in-app default value), and you can also set conditional values. To learn more, see Remote Config Parameters and Conditions.
Getting some initial values into the system will help you to identify connection issues early.