The OCR extension gives you the ability to perform optical character recognition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition) on an image.
It is built upon the powerful Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine.
The simple API allows you to quickly scan an image for textural content, using the powerful Tesseract framework, in just a few lines of code.
- OCR using the Tesseract framework;
- Recognise text from image BitmapData;
- Set languages;
- Set whitelist characters;
- Single API interface - your code works across supported platforms with no modifications;
- Sample project code and ASDocs reference;
The documentation site forms the best source of detailed documentation for the extension along with the asdocs.
OCR.service.recognise( image );
More information here:
You can purchase a license for using this extension:
distriqt retains all copyright.