Before attempting to use this extension make sure you have correctly setup Google Tag Manager and prerequisites your application:
- In the Firebase console, add your app to your Firebase project.
- Set up Google Analytics for your app, including enabling Google Analytics in your Firebase project and adding the Firebase extension to your app.
- Create a Tag Manager account.
- Configure a Google Tag Manager container.
Download your container
- Sign in to your Tag Manager account
- Select your container
- Click Versions in the top navigation bar
- Click Actions > Export on the selected container version
The name of the downloaded file is the container ID with a
Next, add the downloaded container file to your project:
- Create a folder called
containerfor iOS and
- Copy the downloaded
jsonfile into the correct folder for your platform
- Add this directory to your application package at the root level
Android and iOS directory names are slightly different