The Camera extension provides access to advanced features of the camera not available through the AIR SDK.
This includes access to the flash modes, exposure, white balance, and focus point control.
Additionally this extension allows you to take a photo using the camera while
simultaneously saving it to the camera roll and accessing it in your AIR
Please note this is not a replacement for the
flash.media.CameraUI class but gives you the ability to build your own.
If you are looking for a Camera UI replacement see the CameraUI extension.
Identical code base can be used across all supported platforms allowing you to concentrate on your application and not device specifics.
- Allows control of the camera's functionality on iOS and Android including: flash, exposure, white balance, focus, focus point and others;
- Raw access to the camera preview frames;
- Capture an image and access BitmapData;
- Compatible with most Android devices and iOS 5+ devices which include a flash;
- Sample project code and ASDocs reference
This Wiki forms the best source of detailed documentation for the extension along with the asdocs.